BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two Months Today...

Can you tell I'm lonely- and bored? I've posted every day this week. Eh, it's good for me. Mike is in Texas this week at a conference, and I am MISSING him. I made up an excuse to go into his favorite gun shop yesterday, just to have some normality, and a little peice of him. It has been two months today since we got married. Wow. When I pointed this out to him tonight, he replied, "Yep, and before you know it, it will have been twenty years." I love my Mr. Realist.

These two months have been JAM PACKED. I feel like God is speaking constantly right now, showing us things about ourselves that need to change, pointing us in new directions, bringing up new things to think about. My mom laughed when I told her it's been nuts. "Didn't you tell me you felt like God said you were going to hit the ground running after the wedding?" Yes, yes I did. So this is what He meant.

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking in the same direction." -Antoine-deSaint-Exupery

We are definately taking turns right now in gazing at each other, and then looking together into the future. But we're newlyweds, so that's expected. :) We are so excited about what God has in store for us. Mike is in the throes of online classes, persuing security management. I can't wait to see what our Father does with that. Mike is an excellent teacher, very paitent and methodical. He also loves protecting people, so going into teaching safety and security tactics would be an ideal spot for him. You'll see us on the news one day, protecting some higher up official. Beyond that, he took his copy of John Elderidge's Fathered By God with him on this trip. I am hoping that his love for God, love for the outdoors, and love for teenagers will combine someday. We are hoping to start an outreach and discipleship program where Godly men take young men into the wilderness- where their hearts truly come alive- and teach them about God, and what it means to be a man. There is no better manly man to learn from than my hubby! What two halves of a whole we are!

God has brought me into some very interesting positions this year, relationally. One after another, after another, women from broken relationships have shown up on my doorstep. A very good friend, a relative, a friend through a friend, a long time friend, and now a coworker- all women who are going through the sheer destruction of a relationship. God is teaching me and training me how to speak to these women; how to shed tears with them, but not become engulfed in their sorrow. Every time, it gets a little bit easier, and I am finding that I am helping each one a little bit more. It has been amazing, though, the rapidity of these occurences, and the similarities between them. And what's more is that the best thing I can offer them- is Mike. His experience and past with his failed (let's face it, hellish) marriage speaks more to them than anything I have to say. His mistakes, his faults, his concerns, his triumphs, his woes, his regrets, and now his joy is theirs if they want it. He is so open and honest and transparent with each one of them, it's increadable. He has been wonderful, and an unmistakable testimony to what life can look like if, when you are at rock bottom, you allow the True Healer to do His work. The best way I can describe Mike's relationship with God then, and continuing until now, is "Here God, I'm on the operating table. I'm handing you the scalple, do what You will." And now, being on the other side of it, he can speak to these broken women in a way that continually touches me. Other than that, as my friend Jill says, "Marriage will show you just how selfish you are." Amen, sister. But we're working on it.

We are looking in the same direction- to where God is calling us. We have a ways to go yet, I think, before He calls us to the next step, but we are progressing every day. I can't wait to see what the next twenty years are like.

0 comments:

Labels