BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just call me the Biker Chick!

So Mike picks me up from work today, and I asked him how his afternoon was.

His morning was spent lazily doing his first homework assignments, which are very basic "What are you goals in college?" "What are your goals after college?" questions, and he was HATING it. So during lunch we stopped into the Harley Davidson store to drool, just one more time. Mike has made up his mind about which one he wants, now he was just trying to figure out when. As he dropped me off at work again, I told him that if he went back and bought the bike, he better change his answer to the question: "What are you doing today to pursue those goals?", from "I'm taking a nap, because they're underrated", to "I'm buying a Harley."

So he picks me up, and I asked him how his afternoon was. He told me he wasn't really motivated to finish his schoolwork, so he was just on the computer most of the afternoon. I thought there were some holes in the timeline of his afternoon, but didn't press for details. I asked him what he wanted to do this evening, and he said "Maybe we could go for a bike ride."

I was on the phone with my sister, when he went out the front door. "Where are you going?", I called from the couch. "Just out here." Which is weird, because he doesn't just do that. A few minutes later, being the nosy wife I am, opened the front door and looked out. The Harley Davidson truck was out front. I closed the door, squealed to my sister, and then acted like nothing happened. I heard that unmistakable engine start up a few minutes later, and after a while, he came back in. He came up behind me, kissed me on the cheek, dangled the keys in front of me, and said, "Wanna come see what I found?"

So, we are the proud new owners of a beautiful blue, something something something, Harley Davidson. Hey, I don't care what the thing is- but I sure am going to look hot on the back of it!

0 comments:

Labels