BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I. Am. Motorcycle Mamma. (Ok, without being a mother)

I was so engrossed in all of my dear friend's blogs that I almost forgot why I got on-

We went riding!

We've had the bike for about two months now, but Mike has been getting used to riding it. We agreed that I wouldn't ride until he was comfortable enough to have me on it. Then last week he started sounding like I wouldn't get to ride for a whole year because of not having everything 'right'. Um, yeah, the impatient one who doesn't really care if the decal on the front is the one you want, WANTS TO RIDE. NOW. But I do need gear. Well today, following an incredible day (sleeping in, lazy shower, nice big breakfast, walk downtown, sipping Starbucks and people watching, stop at Goods For the Woods, and almost and HOUR at the HD store), Mike got a wild hair, I threw on his leather jacket, borrowed a helmet, and we went.

IT. WAS. AWESOME.

The country is beautiful here, and we've had some nice rain, so everything is green and lush (or as lush as it gets in a deserty place). Cool evening, curvy mountain roads, everyone staring at us on Main. It was wonderful. I couldn't help releasing a sigh of pure satisfaction and a prayer:

Lord Jesus, thank you so much for enabling us to get the bike. Time together is so wonderful. I don't know where you're taking us, but it is alright with me! Thank you for this wonderful man who invites me on adventures. I LOVE HIM. He is the greatest gift and treasure.

So yeah, we will never be driving the jeep again. :)

See you on the road!

0 comments:

Labels