BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

My hubby- the...

Well... would you call it a people person? I don't think that's the right term.

Since being married, I am discovering something very wonderful about Mike. He really loves people. I knew that he kinda sorta put up with them, and occasionally really got along with someone, and on the rarest of days would have a deep conversation with someone.

I had missed it.

Mike LOVES people. He knows almost everyone in the three buildings around us. Part of that I think is the protectiveness, knowing and understanding one's surroundings. But it's more than that. He small talks with them. He's friendly, and introduces himself to everyone. I love this, because although I love people and am friendly in my job, I tend to not be when it comes to my life. Which is silly, I have created isolation for myself with relatively little effort in my life, yet my customers would call me a good friend! I have a feeling that won't be happening again for- well, the rest of our lives. Yay!

Not only that, but- and again, I knew that he was a good friend, heck, he's my best friend, which means I see that he has very good friend qualities- but I didn't realize what a wonderful friend he is. First, to his friends: I got to witness this friendship summer when one of his friends came to visit us. I have seen it over the past year, again and again with another. A calm, gentle, firm, honest, very open discussion, followed by wise, but undemanding council. The conversation could be on marriage, honesty, forgiveness, betrayal, dating and relationships, it doesn't really matter. If it's about the heart, Mike wants to talk about it. He is deeply interested and invested in his friends, and wants to see God work in their lives, even if they aren't Christians. I love that.
And secondly, with my friends: Mike has impacted, uplifted, encouraged, consoled and counseled several of my friends in the past year. It is humbling and amazing to watch. A man of deep convictions, who cares for these hurting women, and upholds truth in love as he speaks to them. I am so lucky. God has blessed me so much with Mike.

So there you go, I'm still learning about him. I can't wait to see this wonderful ability put to work in our life. What a wonderful joy to behold!

0 comments:

Labels