BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting on with it

I was waiting for Mike to post something, but life has been inexplicably busy lately, so he'll have to catch all of you up later. And if you can, everyone call and give him a hard time about it. :) Love you, sweetie.

Now is when the really fairytale begins. I hope you're ready. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and imagine a beautiful place, far, far away, and let yourself get swept there. THAT is where this story begins.

I walked into Starbucks at 7:05pm on April 18th, 2009. Mike stood as I entered, and we greeted each other. We ordered drinks, and I asked how his day was. Something about almost falling off a roof, I think. We got our grande white mocha and venti black tea lemonade, and sat out on the patio in the quickly cooling evening air. The street was full of people, school was still in session, and the tourist season was begining, so there was lots of noise and movement surrounding the crossroads of Main and College.

"So tell me about yourself, Mike Dombrowski." As my women readers probably know, this is a loaded question. I'm devious, remember? I already knew about the divorce, and I wanted to see if he would be open and honest about it. I knew I would not be able to have a relationship with someone who would keep something like that hidden. Friends, maybe, but not in a relationship. I needed to hear it. We didn't have to talk about it, but I needed to hear him admit to it. What is really funny, is you should hear his version of me asking this question. God is so cool. You'll have to wait for that, I guess.

"I'm twenty eight, originally from Pheonix, oldest of three, two sisters, been in the Marines, been to Iraq, (pause) married and divorced. Yeah, that's pretty much it."

There it was. Ok, good. Great. Let's move on.

After about fourty minutes, I started to shiver, and Mike suggested we walk up the street. We continued to casually chat, walking with what appeared to be great purpose up Main. Halfway down, Mike asked if I was hungry, and I said he could probably twist my arm. We ended up at No Way Jose's.

This is where it gets interesting. :)

1 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

And so you leave it there what the crap you have to continue! :) lol I love you!

Labels