BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Bible Study girls are the best source of information...

So Bible Study.

Ok, that week was a joint birthday party for Nicole and me, so in the middle of pigging out on cupcakes and wearing tiaras, I looked at Megan:

"Um, I have something I want to talk to you guys about."
"Is it a boy?"
"Um, I want to talk to everyone together."
"EVERY ONE SIT DOWN!"

So they did. I was sitting on the couch next to Megan, with Nicole slyly smiling at me from the other couch, full of glee because she already knew. "Um, I got asked out on a coffee date."

Enter the hysterics.

"BY WHO!?"

"Um, I think his name was Mike."

"MIKE DOMBROWSKI!?"

"Um, I don't know, maybe."

Megan, by this point, is hyperventilating.

"WE NEED FACEBOOK!" So now, the six of us are Facebook stalking him.

"Is that him!?" "Yes." "OH MY GOSH!" Hysterics continue for a while.

Needless to say, the information central that was Bible Study that night, LOVES Mike. Highly favorable, is the description I got from them. Well, ok, I guess we'll have to see.

I spent the next week trying not to let my mind "go there", as we girls tend to do. My sister Danielle came down, we had a fabulous time, and we went back up. I came back Sunday, Easter night, and checked my Facebook Monday morning.

Apparently I was not the only one trying not to think about it.
Mike had sent me a message Easter night:

"My offer stands. I'd still like to take you out for a cup of coffee if you are up for it. Please drop me a line and let me know either way. Peace. -Mike"

Yeah, like I'm going to be the first to call.

0 comments:

Labels