BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We're still alive!

You would not believe the last few months of 2010.



I graduated- sort of. Fort Lewis decided at the last minute to screw me... again. I was on the list to graduate, but not on the list to get called, get a gown, or on the program. Still hoping they send the diploma.



We fought off colds for a month, but especially right before Christmas. Both Mike and I finished our semesters within a week of each other, and between finals had neither slept or eaten well in weeks. It took me until two weeks ago to even look at a cookbook.



We had pre-Christmas with Mike's parents, Christmas with my parents, and post-Christmas with Mike's parents. Apparently we had missed some the first time. We didn't mind though! Christmas consisted of us catching up on sleep we had been deprived of for weeks. We also went and saw the King Tut exhibit traveling through Denver- it was awesome!

On Thanksgiving we found out my grandfather was having blood pressure/kidney problems, and Mike's grandmother had early stage breast cancer. They are healing up nicely, thank the Lord.



Our lease was up January 1st, so we spent the very few minutes we had together in early December to decide what we were doing. We're on month-to-month now, and we feel like God is telling us we're staying here for a little while. I am attempting to adjust my attitude accordingly. We're looking for a house in the Durango area, but it is difficult. Not to find houses for sale, just ones under a million dollars. We know God has a place for us.



The two weeks Mike had off of school over Christmas was sorely needed. He's back now, but with only one of us in, there is a lot less stress around here. He is very relieved I'm back at cooking. :) He's got a ways to go, but I am so proud of him for all he's done and all he's doing.



Lots of family time. Always a pleasure.



Still trying to get this blog to look the way I want. I need help.



And I'm officially looking for a job. Also not easy in this town. As Mike says, without a bartender's licence, options are limited. I need something, not only for the money, but I am SO BORED.



I think that's the recap! Whew!

0 comments:

Labels