BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An update. (I saved this just a short time before the inevitable happened- isn't God funny?:)

Don't worry, I'm still going to recap this summer, as well as the first month of our lives together. I know, you're breathless to hear it.

SO, we are holding off on getting engaged. Mike says he really needs to talk to my dad in person before he can ask me. I really respect that. The honesty and integrity of that man is one of the things I love about him the most. And everyone here is waiting. :)

What else? We are looking at buying a car because I have been driving the van my parents loaned me, and they are looking at trading it in. We aren't sure if we can just make do with one until we're married. Ok, Lord, what are you calling us to?

We are starting the process of buying the house. This is going to be one of the hardest things God has asked us to do yet. Emotionally, we are not looking forward to it. But, we do really feel like that is what He is asking us to do. So we are going to start moving his stuff into it right after we get back from Thanksgiving. Before then, we need to repaint the master bedroom and recarpet both bedrooms. After that is the master bathroom- and then the rest of the house! We are keeping it on the market until it sells, but we are going to make it ours until then. We are praying that someone will walk in and be blessed by it. We want it to be a perfect God-fit, just like us.

We have Thanksgiving coming up, which we are spending at my parents, then splitting Christmas between both families.

School is on the downward slant, which we are both thankful for. I am going to take off next semester and finish up in the fall. With life on the move, I need to focus on other things at the momment.

We feel like we are in between assignments with ministries right now. Nothing quite seems to fit, and we are praying for direction.

That's about all, update you guys soon!

0 comments:

Labels